Traffic Sign Laboratory
The laboratory conducts accredited tests of optical qualities in the area of vertical traffic signs and horizontal traffic signage, as well as non-accredited tests of roughness/anti-skidding properties of roads and horizontal traffic signage surfaces.
he services of the laboratory are conditioned mostly for traffic signage providers (governors and owners of roads). As the people in charge, they should check the basic properties and parameters of both vertical and horizontal traffic signs over regular time intervals, and verify their endurance and functional parameters. The monitoring also serves to verify the traffic sign parameters as a basis for setting their current optical qualities before the end of their warranty..
Roads are equipped with traffic signage that has to meet applicable norms and rules. The qualitative parameters, that traffic signage must meet according to these materials, can be established and checked by special tools. These tools exist for both vertical and horizontal traffic signs. Our laboratory uses the most advanced devices currently available on the market, such as Zehntner ZRS 6060 and ZRM 6014, HunterLab MiniScan EZ, or the Stanley London pendulum. The detected findings are given in an accredited laboratory report, in which the detected values are shown. The lab is accredited by the Czech Accreditation Institute.
We conduct accredited tests:
- retroreflection coefficient determination
- determining the visibility of vertical traffic signs as seen by drivers when lit by their headlights
- determining trichromatic coordinates and luminosity factor
- determining the color quality of light on the x, y axes in a colorimetric triangle CIE and the luminosity factor for vertical and horizontal traffic signs
- specific luminosity coefficient determination
- determining the visibility of horizontal traffic signs as seen by drivers when lit by their headlights (night visibility)
- luminosity coefficient determination in diffused lighting
- determining the visibility of horizontal traffic signs as seen by drivers in daylight or in artificial lighting